cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: CInclude question
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:24:46 GMT
Norman

I am not sure that the first part of your message here relates
to CInclude... it looks like you want to upload data to Cocoon
or do encoding; neither of these really relates to CInclude so
you may consider reposting this under a more informative
title if no one seems to help...

The second part of your question does not seem to relate to
either CInlcude or images.... it does seem an area that could
be tackled by Flow and/or JXTemplates - but its not really clear
what you actually want to happen -> once a request is made (to
the server) and the server responds (with a page) - what then?
What does the user "do" with the response and how does he/she
"inform" the server that the next request is expected?  Some
more info on the actual problem you are trying to solve will
help here.

Derek

>>> normanb@comsine.co.uk 2004/08/27 01:08:58 PM >>>
Hi,

I have set up several pipelines and readers within cocoon.

I can include XML content without any problems using a CInclude
template,

however when I want to include image content within the template I
would
like to
do either of the two things below;

1) Save the image returned from the reader in a temporary location that

is cleaned
by Cocoon after the request and a URL to this resouces is stored in the

XML (an
example of this would help me alot)

2) store a BaseBinary64 version of this image in the XML, or just the
pixel values

Finally, is I post an XML document to Cocoon which looks like for
example
<root>
    <request1>...</request1>
     <request2>...<request2>
</root>

is there a generator that will iterate over this document and make each

of the requests, or do
I have to write a custom generator?

Norman

--