cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Post automatically
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:20:00 GMT
Why not just modify the mail.xsp to handle the
username and password parameters?... or build
a master pipeline that aggregates info from two other
pipelines; the original mail.xsp and a new handlelogin.xsp
(its stilll not clear what you want to actually do with the
login info so I am not sure what option best suits...) and then
your final output can be transformed to text (or whatever)....

>>> orosmith@sify.com 2004/08/20 01:36:25 PM >>>
well i guess u r right....im stuck...

This is the actual problem:
Im trying to modify the cocoon webmail application developed by
Bernhard huber.

The only difference being...the first page login.xml. In the existing
application input boxes are used to accept username and password. the
file login.xml has many fields which are posted to mail.xsp when submit
button is clicked.

in my application the user name and password are passed through url
parameters. the requirement is to
1) Read user name and password.
2) Post parameters to mail.xsp which is a generator under another
pipeline matching mail/mail.wml.
3) The final output shud be in text form.

Quoting  DHohls@csir.co.za:

> This is a non-sequitur:
>
> \"In handle_page.xsp i will read the parameters and pass it to
another
> url\"
>
> XSP is a generator at the start of a pipeline - it handles
> parameters coming in; it does not generate URIs.
>
> My example shows that, if you have a http://xxx?x=3&y=4  call
> you can handle it in a pipeline which may contain an XSP,
> which is, itself, able to access those x and y values and
> deal with them appropriately.
>
> Remember the basic model for a web-app is \"request-response\";
> the user generates the request and you provide the response.
> In Cocoon you can think of it ito of what URI is being supplied
> and work out how to deliver what the user wants to see...
>
> As always, if you specify more about the real problem you are
> trying to solve, it helps to see why you may be tackling it in the
> wrong way - I have the feeling you are stuck halfway down a
> wrong path... there are no correct turns here & you need to go
> back to the start.

> In handle_page.xsp i will read the parameters and pass it to another
> url.How can this be specified in handle_pag.xsp ie redirecting to
> another url, which will have a pipeline match pattern (containing
> my_next_page.xsp as generator).
>
> Also why have you given transform as page2html.xsl? Can it be
something
> else?
>
> Smith
>

> Quoting  DHohls@csir.co.za:
>
> > Smith
> >
> > In Cocoon, its the role of the pipeline to handle requests...
> > Assuming I type http://xxx?x=3&y=4 into my browser,
> > or that this URI results from another form somewhere in
> > the system, why not just have a pipeline match for this:
> >
> >     <map:match pattern=\"xxx\">
> >       <map:generate  type=\"serverpages\"
src=\"handle_page.xsp\"/>
> >       <map:transform src=\"page2html.xsl\">
> >         <use-request-parameters>true</use-request-parameters>
> >       </map:transform>
> >       <map:serialize/>
> >     </map:match>
> >
> > (Obviousy the my_next_page.xsp can also handle the X and Y if
> > needed...)
> >
> > Derek

> > I retrieve 2 parameters from a url using xsp request.
> >
> > is there any way to post these 2 parameters to the next url
> > automatically without having a submit button ?
> >
> > ie the url http://xxx?x=3&y=4 should automatically direct to a
page
> > where the values of x and y will be posted.
> >
> > --
> > believed to be clean.
> > MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support.

> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.