cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Björn Voigt <bvo...@hs-harz.de>
Subject form-enconding in web.xml doesn't take effect
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:48:30 GMT
Hello list,

I run a cocoon (2.1.5) site with UTF-8 encoding and use the lucene
search generator.
The site is correctly serialized with UTF-8. If I fill the search form
with a query string
containig german umlauts, the parameter is also correctly encoded.

(I run it in JETTY)

I have changed the form-encoding in web.xml to UTF-8, but it seems, that
the request
paramters still be ISO-8859 decoded. I have tested it with

			Request request = ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel);
			//Encode the wrong decoded string back to original
			String wert =
URLEncoder.encode(request.getParameter("queryString"),"ISO-8859-1");
			//Decode it with UTF-8
			wert = URLDecoder.decode(wert,"UTF-8");
			System.out.println(wert);

and got the right