cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Narasingarao Kommireddi <Narasingarao.Kommire...@relianceinfo.com>
Subject XML streams & Cocoon
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:11:59 GMT

Hi All,

I am trying to generate PDFs like everyone using Cocoon.. I am stuck at a
place and would be very happy if someone could guide me..

These are my execution steps
1. User clicks on a link in a webpage, invokes my servlet running on
weblogic.
2. In the servlet, I read data from oracle database and create XML
dynamically (thanks to Java API given by oracle).
3. I save the XML file in a location on my server which cocoon
knows(defined in sitemap.xmap)
Note :  coccon and weblogic are running on the same box
3. I pass the request to cocoon from within the servlet.
4. Wallah, The PDF is displayed.

The above scenario works if both Cocoon and Weblogic are on the same
machine. Now i have to move cocoon to a different box.
I was thinking if i can put the generated XMLs in the WEB-INF folder of
weblogic and give the path in my sitemap.xmap. This might work but the XMLs
are now accessible to anyone using weblogic(thats not advisable).

My questions are
1. Is it possible to send the stream of XML as input to cocoon.
2. If yes, how do i configure my sitemap.xmap

help/suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Rao