cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: cocoon restart after changing java files
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:43:25 GMT

On Aug 4, 2004, at 1:48 AM, Stephane Delort wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I made some JAVA files and put thme
> on$COCOON/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/whatever/...
>
> Then, I must restart Cocoon each time I change a file if I want to
> have my
> changes handled (compile my java files and then restart cocoon)
>
> But, now I wouldn't like to restart Cocoon no more

So far so good... yeah, who likes to restart the 'coon all the time?

The good news is, you can get compilation-on-the-fly of your Java
sources.  See

	http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/
java.html#Dynamic+Compilation

>  as some parts of my
> website are used in production environment but, on the other hand,
> still
> continue to develop my java files.

Baddy bad bad!

I think you actually want to do is turn off dynamic recompilation in
your production instance, because of the performance penalty, and
because sane people don't develop in the production instance.

You should have a development instance where you change and test stuff.
  Then when it's All Done, you push that to the production instance and
bounce the server.

~ml