cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Oracle
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:50:21 GMT
Il giorno 09/ago/04, alle 22:04, Schultz, Gary - COMM ha scritto:

> Could it be related to the location of the jdbc? I've tried with
> classes12.jar in Cocoon web-inf/lib folder, in Tomcat Common/lib
> folder and
> in the classpath.

No. If Cocoon couldn't load the JDBC driver it would complain loudly
about a "class not found" or something like that, not try to connect
and then timeout.

> To recall, my original inquiry was that we want to query a table in
> Oracle
> and display the results in a html table. It has been decided to go
> with PHP
> and ADODB. We can get this done in a relatively quick manner. Time
> permitting, we will take another look at doing this through Cocoon via
> SQL
> Transformer or ESQL. This is my first Cocoon set back. Otherwise,
> Cocoon has
> been great for our organization. Keep up the good work.

Frankly, as much as I despise PHP, if all you need is do a simple query
and display results in a table, use PHP or whatever suits you best.
Using Cocoon for a task like this is really overkill.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/