cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Schultz, Gary - COMM" <GSchu...@commerce.state.wi.us>
Subject RE: Cocoon and Oracle
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:49:00 GMT
We run Oracle 8i.

I renamed classes12.zip to classes12.jar.

Checked with the DBA and added the correct servername and SID.

I'm trying to get this to work by running tests based on both the SQL
Transformer and ESQL samples, and documentation for SQL Transformer and
ESQL.

When I run a test based on the SQL Transformer I get the following error:

Failed to obtain connection. Made 5 attempts with 5000ms interval

or it simply runs and runs and runs with no result

When I run a test based on ESQL I get nothing. The browser simply runs and
runs and runs with no result.

Is there a simple way I can check to make sure the Cocoon - Oracle
connection is working?

This is very frustrating. To those that have stumbled through this, is it
worth learning? Should I stick to PHP? I was able to learn to work with
Oracle and PHP in a relatively short period of time using the database
abstraction classes provided in ADODB for PHP.

Gary T. Schultz
Web Technical Administrator / GIS Coordinator
Wisconsin Department of Commerce
6th Floor
P.O. Box 7970
Madison, WI