cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Schultz, Gary - COMM" <GSchu...@commerce.state.wi.us>
Subject Cocoon and Oracle
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:01:37 GMT
I know to develop something that will grab data from a table in Oracle and
display results in a table in a web page. I can go the PHP route and have it
done in a very short period of time. But I would like to start learning
about and working with Cocoon and databases. Problem is, I can't seem to
find resources to cover everything I need to learn on Cocoon and databases.

Where are the best resources to learn about working with Cocoon and
databases. I've looked at a great deal of documentation, but I don't seem to
find something complete enough to help me get started and I'm having
difficulty putting different pieces together.

As I said earlier in this message, I could just use PHP and be done with it,
but I would like to give Cocoon a try. I need to get a project done
relatively soon, and if I can't do it in Cocoon I will be forced to use PHP
which becomes a set back to learning more about Cocoon.

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Gary T. Schultz
Web Technical Administrator / GIS Coordinator
Wisconsin Department of Commerce
6th Floor
P.O. Box 7970
Madison, WI