cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robby.pelss...@vodafone.com
Subject RE: Simple question: XSP and Java
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:36:25 GMT
try

<esql:row-results>
   <story>
     <xsp:logic>
       int newsId = <esql:get-int column="ID"/>;
     </xsp:logic>
     <title>
       <xsp:attribute name="id"><xsp:expr>newsId</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>
       <esql:get-string column="title"/>
     </title>
   </story>
</esql:row-results>

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Linczak [mailto:linczakjw@hiram.edu]
Sent: 30 August, 2004 15:30
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Simple question: XSP and Java

All,

I haven't received an answer on this board yet, but I'll be persistent:
  I have a simple question.  I need to pass a column's value from an
ESQL statement as a parameter to an XML tag.  Like this:

<esql:row-results>
   <story>
     <xsp:logic>
       int newsId = <esql:get-int column="ID"/>;
     </xsp:logic>
     <title id="<xsp:expr>newsId</xsp:expr>"><esql:get-string
column="title"/></title>
   </story>
</esql:row-results>

Obviously, the above id attribute to the title tag doesn't work, but
that's the idea of what I need.  Any help on this?

Jon