cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Best practices for building cocoon applications
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:44:40 GMT
There are several methods that I've seen. Here are 2 I know of:
1. Package your stuff as a block. Move it into Cocoon's directory and use
the Cocoon build process to build it.
2. Build a cocoon war.  Build your stuff outside of Cocoon. When you want
to build the webapp unwar the cocoon war and then merge the stuff your
application built into it.

In both cases you should use the XConfToolTask to patch cocoon.xconf and
the main sitemap as necessary.

I happen to use the second approach as I can just put the cocoon war in
the maven repository. Then when everyone builds (using maven) it is
automatically picked up.

Ralph