cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Lane <ja...@root10.net>
Subject [BUG?] Namespace binding bug OS X
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:15:22 GMT
This issue also references the following post
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=109272507020642&w=2
[Namespace problem on form binding ].

We have a site that was tested and found to be working on Windows XP
and Solaris 5.7 both using Cocoon 2.1.5. Upon transfer to the live
server environment, OS X Server 10.3.5 using Cocoon 2.1.5 it was found
that namespace binding errors were being generated for parts of the
site. After investigation we have found that the following code
containing "self closing" tags seems to  generates an error on OS X
whilst not on the above mentioned platforms.

<abcml:root>
	<abcml:group>
		 < abcml:name>TEST NAME</abcml:name>
      		 < abcml:email>email@email dot com</abcml:email>
     		 < abcml:website/>
	</abcml:group>
</abcml:root>

Whilst

<abcml:root>
	<abcml:group>
		 < abcml:name>TEST NAME</abcml:name>
      		 < abcml:email>email@email dot com</abcml:email>
     		 < abcml:website> </ abcml:website>
	</abcml:group>
</abcml:root>

Generates no namespace binding errors on OS X.

Is this a bug? Or is this a feature that needs to be activated within
the server environment? If this is a bug is this only specific to OS X?

Many thanks all.

Jason Lane