cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Verdin <ver...@agrocampus-rennes.fr>
Subject Re: Generating form models from XML Schemas
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:37:15 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I am currently working about this exact transformation.<br>
I previously made a transformation from XML schema to HTML forms, but
due to the large flexibility of the XML schemas, I had to switch to
something more dynamic, like cocoon.<br>
I'm trying to understand exactly how control flow and forms work in
cocoon, and then I will adapt my old XSLT transformation to Cforms.<br>
So, yes, I'll try to do this using XSLT.<br>
I have nothing very conclusive for the moment but I'm supposed to
finish this soon.<br>
So I hope I can help you soon too.<br>
Nothing more for the moment.<br>
Derek Hohls a &eacute;crit&nbsp;:
  <pre wrap="">Has anyone made any attempt to do a mapping between
an XML Schema, and a CForms model representation of
the data... I assume it would need a stylesheet of some
kind, or is there any other way?

For example, the extract from this article
( <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2000/11/29/schemas/part1.html">http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2000/11/29/schemas/part1.html</a>
)
suggest a mapping to a Java class:

"The xs:annotation elements can be added at the beginning
of most schema constructions, as shown in the example
below. The appinfo section demonstrates how custome
namespaces and schemes might allow the binding of an
element to a Java class from within the schema.

&lt;xs:element name="book"&gt;
 &lt;xs:annotation&gt;
&lt;xs:documentation xml:lang="en"&gt;
  Top level element.
&lt;/xs:documentation&gt;
&lt;xs:documentation xml:lang="fr"&gt;
  Element racine.
&lt;/xs:documentation&gt;
&lt;xs:appinfo source=<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://example.com/foo/">"http://example.com/foo/"</a>&gt;
  &lt;bind xmlns=<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://example.com/bar/">"http://example.com/bar/"</a>&gt;
      &lt;class name="Book"/&gt;
   &lt;/bind&gt;
  &lt;/xs:appinfo&gt;
 &lt;/xs:annotation&gt;
"

Ideas welcome.

Derek.

  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
David Verdin
GES / ENSAR - laboratoire d'informatique
65, rue de St Brieuc
CS 84 215
35 042 Rennes cedex
e-mail : <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:verdin@lilas.roazhon.inra.fr">verdin@lilas.roazhon.inra.fr</a>