cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jan Hoskens ...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject Re: container-encoding vs. form-encoding... bug?
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:16:16 GMT
You should set the container-encoding to ISO-8859-1 and leave the
form-encoding as UTF-8. If I remember correctly, the container-encoding
is a thing introduced with servlet api 2.3 while cocoon was coping with
2.2 . The latter did pass everything in ISO and cocoon expects it to be
ISO (will change probably in later cocoon versions). Remember to set
your encoding in your serializers too (two places to look for! The
element "encoding" AND attribute "mime-type" ):

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" mime-type="text/html;
charset=UTF-8" name="xhtml" pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="10"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
                  <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Strict//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-system>
                  <encoding>utf-8</encoding>