cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Good practise for international site (URI-designing)
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:50:27 GMT
Olivier Lange wrote:

> > Interesting. But if I set my browser's locale to French, that isn't
> taken into account, is it?
>
> Indeed, it is a static publication, all done with the CLI (many thanks
> Upayavira!), there are no locale matchers.

:-)

It is my intention to change the CLI so that you can say:

     <uri type="append" src-prefix="" src="index.html"
dest="build/dest/"  locales="en,fr,es,de"/>

and it will create:
index.html.en
index.html.de
index.html.fr
index.html.es

This is the format that Apache server expects files in if it is to use
its own I18n functionality.

But, yours is pretty simple, and works. Hmm.

> I let the user themselves choose the language on the very homepage (a
> Flash animation). Then there is a homepage for each language.

As I say, it is simple, and works. And I could get my site working much
quicker if I followed this approach.

Regards, Upayavira