cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piotr Jablczynski <piotr.jablczyn...@poczta.fm>
Subject cocoon->pgsql : no suitable driver exception
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:11:58 GMT
Hello,

I've problem with connecting cocoon do postgreSQL.
I did following changes in cocoon.xconf, web.xml

<init-param>
  <param-name>load-class</param-name>
  <param-value>
      org.postgresql.Driver
  </param-value>
</init-param>

<jdbc logger="core.datasources.personnel" name="personnel">
   <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
   <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://myHost:5432/myDB</dburl>
   <user>myUsr</user>
   <password/>
    </jdbc>

Also before I had added to .../cocoon/build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/
adequate driver (pg74.214.jdbc3.jar) got from postgesql sites.

After restart cocoon, and trying to execute some queries by my Modular
Data base Actions, cocoon throws exception:
" rg.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Cannot process the requested SQL statement :
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver "

I've tryed different jdbcdrivers from pgsql website (always one of them in
my lib directory). All give the same result,
just like my servlet doesn't see them.

but when I'm trying to do the same db actions with cocoon's database
(hsqldb) everything is OK.

my Cocoon version is 2.1.5.1
postgresql ver: 7.4
os: Mandrake L. 10