cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Passing form-bound XML to pipeline
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:32:20 GMT
Paul Bowler wrote:

>I am using Cocoon 2.1.5 with forms, flow and binding and have created a number of forms
that get data, display and
>validate beautifully.
>
>What I now want to do is bind the resulting form XML to an XML database. However, I cannot
see how to forward the
>resulting XML from the form binding process to another pipeline.
>
>My question therefor is, how can I pass the resulting XML document from the binding framework
to another pipeline for
>further processing. A generator of some description (jx?) would be needed I suppose, but
I cannot find any examples
>that do this. The only example I have found (the XML binding exmaple in the forms block)
uses some convaluted java
>script to store the XML to the filesystem, bypassing any sitemap pipeline.

Er. I don't quite understand your problem. The xmldb source is writable,
which means that you can bind to a source that is in your XMLDB.

Then if you have your bound object as a DOM, you can say
cocoon.sendPage("your-url", {myDom: dom}); and then in JXT say #{myDom}
should show the XML of that DOM object.

Isn't that straightforward enough?

Regards, Upayavira