cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "David Merrilees" <david.merril...@fenc.org.uk>
Subject Why isn't my xspaction retrieving a value?
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:32:09 GMT
I'm trying to retrieve a value from a database and then set it to a
sitemap parameter using an xsp action. The error report produced when I
run it says that there is no value to set.

If I remove the <action:set-result> and run the action I can see the
stored procedure being executed using a trace on the database and the
value being successfully retrieved. I believe the rest of the code is
correct, there is very little documentation on the internet to check it
against.

Can anyone suggest a reason why the action is failing?

Thanks

David Merrilees

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsp:page
	language="java"
	xmlns:action="http://apache.org/cocoon/action/1.0"
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">
	<root>
		<esql:connection>
			<esql:pool>web</esql:pool>
			<esql:execute-query>
				<esql:call>exec sp_selectPrintOption
168</esql:call>
				<esql:results>
					<esql:row-results>
						<action:set-result
name="printOption">
							<action:param
name="value">

<esql:get-string column="printOption"/>
							</action:param>
						</action:set-result>
						<action:set-success/>
					</esql:row-results>
				</esql:results>
			</esql:execute-query>
		</esql:connection>
	</root>
</xsp:page>

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure
or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. FENC, Hamlin Way, Hardwick
Narrows, King's Lynn, UK, or see our website www.fenc.org.uk