cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjoseph...@yahoo.com>
Subject how to use roles in web application
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:10:59 GMT
Hi,

I have a newbie question re. authentication and
authorization.

I read the
document:http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication.html
and can understand it (atleast most of it!)

However I want to make use of "roles" i.e. to do the
standard thing of changing the application that is
loaded depending on the role of the user.

Thus the admin will see stuff that say a manager wont
see and a manager will see stuff that a guest wont see
and so on.

This document does not appear to have information on
how to use roles to do this.  Does such documentation
or such an example exist on the best way to use roles
to do this?

I am not sure if the "portal" concept applies as my
app is not a "portal"

thx
Paul