cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjoseph...@yahoo.com>
Subject I18N with no L10N ?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:02:59 GMT
Hi,

I am starting the design of a Cocoon based application
which, since it will be used only in one country for
the next year or so, needs to be internationalized,
but not localized for any other country.

Having just read the documentation about the I18N
Transformer,  I have the following question:

What is the best way for me to I18N an app when it is
going to work only in one language for a while.

Should I use the I18N tags, but not define a
catalogue?  Won't it then default to the values
without any translation as a lookup into the catalogue
won't find a matching key or text?

Or is this the case only when I use the i18n:key attr
as in:

 <i18n:text i18n:key="key_text">Default
value</i18n:text>

Any input would be appreciated.