cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Bowler" <paulbow...@aventix.co.uk>
Subject Re: Passing form-bound XML to pipeline
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:11:52 GMT
> Er. I don't quite understand your problem. The xmldb source is writable,
> which means that you can bind to a source that is in your XMLDB.
>
> Then if you have your bound object as a DOM, you can say
> cocoon.sendPage("your-url", {myDom: dom}); and then in JXT say #{myDom}
> should show the XML of that DOM object.
>
> Isn't that straightforward enough?
>
> Regards, Upayavira

I don't understand your answer, so (for me anyway) it is not straight forward, sadly.

The XML for my form is fetched from a cocoon pipeline which is, in effect, a mini query engine
taking in a few
parameters. Are you saying that if I remove this and use an xmldb source directly then all
the binding is taken care of?

Also, I do not know what JXT is or how to use it, but will do some searching.

All I want is to be able to get at the XML created in the binding framework to use in another
pipeline.

Regards,

Paul.