cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Oracle
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:10:31 GMT
Il giorno 11/ago/04, alle 19:59, Schultz, Gary - COMM ha scritto:

> Has anyone gotten Cocoon to work with Oracle through the jdbc
> connection? If
> so, did you use any special environmental variable settings? Anything
> different with placement of classes12.jar? Anything special to
> cocoon.xconf,
> web.xml, sitemap.xmap or other configuration files?

I have been using Cocoon with Oracle since the days of Cocoon 1.7, with
Oracle 7, 8, 8i, 9 and 10g. Never had much of a problem. I have almost
20 live Cocoon applications on Oracle at the moment.

If the datasource times out with a message like "Failed to obtain
connection. Made 5 attempts with 5000ms interval" it's probable that
either your datasource parameters are incorrectly specified or you have
networking problems. I'd be glad to offer a more direct help, but
you'have to pay me a business-class ticket to Wisconsin ;-)

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/