cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rick Wayne <fewa...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Best practices for building cocoon applications
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:18:12 GMT
On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 17:44, Ralph Goers wrote:
> There are several methods that I've seen. Here are 2 I know of:
> 1. Package your stuff as a block. Move it into Cocoon's directory and use
> the Cocoon build process to build it.

Are there docs on so packaging? I can try to adapt an existing block
(hmm, which one?) as an example, but of course it's simpler if there's a
roadmap. If not, once I figure it out I'll write one. Perhaps a blank
block s/b included in the C2 distro?

> 2. Build a cocoon war.  Build your stuff outside of Cocoon. When you want
> to build the webapp unwar the cocoon war and then merge the stuff your
> application built into it.

This is sort of how I worked it before.

> In both cases you should use the XConfToolTask to patch cocoon.xconf and
> the main sitemap as necessary.

I know, I know, I'm just one of those spoon-feeding-dependent goofballs,
but are there any docs on that (besides YourCocoonBasedProject and
XConfPatchTask in the wiki)?

Thanks!
--
rw

Zoë: Captain'll come up with a plan.
Kaylee: Well, that's good... right?
Zoë: Possibly you're not recalling some of his previous plans.