cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Zehetbauer <thom...@hostmaster.org>
Subject Re: Problem with xsp/esql
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:54:49 GMT
On Mit, 2004-08-11 at 11:57 +0200, Olivier Billard wrote:
> Additionally some databases (not postgresql) support prepared statements
> > that are much faster because the SQL is parsed and optimized only once
> > and uses dynamic parameters thereafter.
>
> Isn't that true only if you're using your prepared statement many times in the code ?
If the statement is created each time you
> call your XSP, I'm not sure there is a gain. But I'm not a JDBC pro.

Basically yes, but some pooling DataSource implementations keep track of
PreparedStatements and return them accordingly.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Chemists don't die, they just stop to react.