cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Passing a pipeline exception\error to an error handler function?
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:03:20 GMT
On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 14:50, Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm writing some cocoon error handling for my project, and I'm a little
> stumped here. I've got a single error handle now, looking like this:
>
> <map:handle-errors>
>     <map:generate src="documents/html/cocoon_error.html"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
> </map:handle-errors>
>
> What I'd like to do is call a flowscript function called "errorFlow"
> which does some logging and other misc. logic before sending a
> jxtemplate page with the final, prettily formatted and translated error
> message. I need to pass the original exception object to this flowscript
> in order to do this. In other words I'd like something like this:
>
> <map:handle-errors>
>     <map:call function="errorFlow">
>         <map:parameter name="exceptionObject" value="[exceptionObject]"/>
>     </map:call>
> </map:handle-errors>
>
> So the million dollar question is: How do I get and pass the original
> exception object to the flowscript?

Using map:parameter you can only supply string values, so that wouldn't
work.

The exception (throwable) object is available in the objectModel, and
can be retrieved from it using ObjectModelHelper.getThrowable(). I don't
think there's a proper way to access this from flowscript, though there
are a variety of workarounds.