cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "birdy" <bi...@rentmanager.co.uk>
Subject Best of both worlds Cocoon & JSF.
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:22:54 GMT
Hi Chaps and Ladies,

I have been looking at cocoon now for nearly a year. I have watched with excitement as the
product has developed and moved forward. One of the areas that I have had a need for is forms,
Woody is now CForms and provides a very usable structure. I have also looked at JSF, and found
that also be very useful.

Now I understand the benefits of Cocoon for web applications, and love the technology. JSF
provides a forms frame work, but it does have the advantage now of an IDE (Java Studio Creator).
Which allows for rapid creation of forms. I think I have concluded that I am interested in
the best of both worlds.

I have read http://www.developer.com/open/article.php/10930_3348311_1 (spinning code with
XSLT and JSF with Cocoon) and think it is an excellent method to bring the benefits of two
great technologies.

My question to all, is has any one else done this. If so how? And also what pain points did
the project encounter. I love CForms, but the IDE makes JSF more painless. So I am examining
the impact of taking this approach.

Many thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Gareth Bird.

(I'll the question, about integrating XMLBeans, and OpenCMS integration for another day!!!)

www.rentmanager.co.uk is my attempt at my first cocoon app using Cocoon, JBoss (J2EE), MySql
it's not complete, and runs off a spare PC at home.  But I believe in Cocoon/XSL/JBOSS as
an architecure.