cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sal Mangano" <sal.mang...@into-technology.com>
Subject Bizaro Problem
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:04:05 GMT

Has anyone experienced a problem with xalan 2.6.0 + cocoon xhtml serializer
that results in opening tags without namespace prefixes and closing tags
with! Here is a snipet of actual output I am getting:

  <head>
	<!-- Snip -->
</head>
class="ad-link" id="ad-link-11" target="_blank"
xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
xmlns:xhtm="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><xhtm:img
src="ads/images/11.gif" alt="OSE" class="ad-img" id="ad-img-11"
/></xhtm:a></xhtm:div>
          </xhtm:td>
        </xhtm:tr>

    </xhtm:table>
	<!-- Snip -->
  </xhtm:body>
</xhtm:html>

Here is more info:

I am using Coccoon 2.1.5 with Saxon 7.7 and Xalan 2.6.0 on Windows 2003
Server. I play the game of renaming saxon7.jar to z_saxon7.jar so as to
avoid the problem with the saxon dom being read only. This works but it
leads directly to the above issue. Without the rename I don't get this
nonsense but with it I do. This leads me to belive that in the cases where
cocoon picks up the default xslt transform and gets xalan it is going nuts.

To make matters worse, this works fine on my dev box which is Windows 2000
(not server). I have a nagging feeling the prod box may be running Tomcat
5.x while my dev box has 4.1.3. I can't confirm that now because I can't
access the prod box where I am at the moment. Anyway, if anyone has seen
something like this under any configuration please let me know.

Sal Mangano
Into Technology Inc.
www.into-technology.com

Use XSLT? Try the XSLT Cookbook