cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Integer formatting [was Re: Woody convertors: date formatting&decimal formatting]
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:58:20 GMT
Bruno

I have tried the same:

    <fd:field id="number" required="true">
      <fd:label>Select a number:</fd:label>
      <fd:datatype base="integer"><fd:convertor datatype="integer"
type="plain"</fd:datatype>
      <!--
      <fd:selection-list>
        <fd:item value="1"/>
        <fd:item value="2"/>
        <fd:item value="3"/>
        <fd:item value="4"/>
        <fd:item value="5"/>
      </fd:selection-list>
      -->
    </fd:field>

and I still get the "," ... could this be a locale setting problem?

I am using Cocoon 2.1.5; the "stable" version.  Could you
check this issue on the same version?

Derek

>>> bruno@outerthought.org 2004/07/27 11:43:06 AM >>>
On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 11:08, Derek Hohls wrote:
> Bruno,
>
> Sorry - but this :
>   <fd:convertor datatype="integer" type="plain"/>
> still gives "," in the output...

Hmmm...

I just modified the xml binding sample included with cocoon to try
this
out... but it works ok.

Here's what I did:

form2_model.xml: commented out the selectionlist for the field
"number"
so that I can enter any number I want.

If I then enter 30000 in the number field, I see 30,000 in the XML
output.

Then I modify form2_bind_xml.xml, adding type="plain" on the convertor
for that field, I retry the sample (not just pressing back but
starting
a new continuation) and it gives the expected "30000".

This is on a recent CVS checkout, but I'm not aware of any changes
that
could relate to this.

believed to be clean.