cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Linking SQL Transformer and XSL Transformer
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:11:21 GMT
Matt

Please post the *full* code for the source XML file
and the XSL which processes it - you're welcome
to send direct to me if you don't want it on the
mailing list - we can post the just relevant solution
back here for anyone else that has this problem.

Derek

>>> mattaios@pasteur.fr 2004/07/22 02:59:02 PM >>>

Derek,

> Test this and check everything is working, before
> starting to add in the other steps - one-by-one....

That works perfectly.
The problem comes when the request is not hard-codedlike this

> <sql:execute-query xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
>     <sql:query name="themes">
>     <!-- here comes the SQL statement - yours need to be different
-->
>     SELECT ThemeID, ThemeGo FROM Theme
>     </sql:query>
>   </sql:execute-query>

but needs to be generated first .
I can' t get at the right way to deal with generation first, execution

then
It looks as if the sql tags were not visible any more once the request

has been generated,
  i.e. when the text chunk "select ...from..." is there , it can't be
processed as a sql request by the tags .

Sorry if this project seems a bit weird...
And a lot of thanks for the time you take to make me more familiar with

cocoon!

Matt

believed to be clean.