cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Accessing authentication/ID through JX Generator
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:00:48 GMT
Nick

FWIW, I am using:

${parameters.getParameter('userID')}

in my JXTemplates to get the userID, after
it has been passed as a parameter in the
pipelines.

Derek

>>> goupinn@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca 2004/07/22 05:16:44 AM >>>
Hi everybody,

I got stuck trying to pass the User Name into a Portal Engine pipeline.

The pipeline looks like this:

<!-- Take submitted form and write it into the RSS file -->
<map:match pattern="addNewsItem">
   <map:act type="auth-protect">
     <map:parameter name="handler" value="portal-handler"/>

     <map:generate type="jx" src="updateRssQuery.xml">
<!-- map:parameter name="userId"
value="${session-context:authentication/ID}"/ -->
<!-- map:transform type="xmldb"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:act>
</map:match>

I can't use Session transformer to get the ID from the authentication
context (there are chances that some of the namespace declarations will

be lost). Passing User Name as a request parameter is not very safe
either.

I am just checking if anybody has ever got access to the authentication

context within the JX template by some other means? In other words, is

there a call similar to ${cocoon.request.getParameter("blah")} that
could grant access to the ID parameter within authentication context or

some other way to get access to the parameter?

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
Nick

believed to be clean.