cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Nested selection using CForms
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:52:52 GMT
Scott

Have  a look at the Cocoon samples...

cocoon/samples/blocks/forms/carselector

Uses event-handlers in the form definition
to update the selection lists.

The other alternative is, of course, Javascript.
There are numerous examples on the web...

Derek

>>> scott.yeadon@anu.edu.au 2004/07/20 08:43:37 AM >>>
Hello,

Is there any CForm widget (or widget combination) that would allow me
create the equivalent of a nested menu/selection-list. For example if I

had a list of items "dog", "cat", "bird" when the user highlighted one

of these it would show a further list for them to select from e.g. user

selects dog and can then select from a further list of "beagle",
"spaniel", "mongrel".

I could split into two selection lists and use listeners and actions to

synchronise, but it doesn't look nice on-screen and is a fairly
convoluted solution to what I thought would be a simple problem.

Scott.

believed to be clean.