cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Authentication - accessing user info in JXTemplateGenerator?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:07:11 GMT
Helma

I understand the file gives you more info; I was
just wondering how you picked out the specific user
who info you wanted?

Thanks
Derek

>>> H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl 2004/07/14 01:59:53 PM >>>
> I assume mypage.jx start as template generator and
> gets passed through a CInclude Transformer at some
> stage as well??

Yes.

> But I am not sure how you get the actual user ID from
> the authentication session info - get User seems to
> be accessing the entire file??

The authentication xml file, is filled with the entire authentication
context of the session in the 'getUser' pipeline. I wanted more than
just
the ID.

Bye, Helma

> Derek

> Hi,
>
> I remember I've tried this too, but I can't remember I
> succeeded. What I now do is include the info using a CInclude
> transformer and generating the necessary info in another
> pipeline. A final XSL transformer cleans up the resulting XML
> before it is transformed to HTML.
>
> mypage.jx:
>
> <cinclude:include src="cocoon:/getUser"/>
>
> pipeline:
>
> <map:match pattern="getUser">
> 	<map:generate src="system/authentication.xml">
> 		<map:parameter name="use-request-parameters"
> value="true"/>
> 	</map:generate>
> 	<map:transform type="session"/>
> 	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> authentication.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <authentication xmlns:session="http://apache.org/cocoon/session/1.0"

> <session:getxml context="authentication" path="/"/>
</authentication>

> Maybe not the most elegant/fastest solution, but it works.
>

> Some random thoughts:
>
> - get the info in a flowscript and add it to the template
> using the bizData
> construction:
>
> function showInfo() {
>  var userid =
> cocoon.session.getContext("/authentication/authentication/ID")
> ; // making up the syntax ;-)  var viewData = { ID: userid };
>  cocoon.sendPage("myJXpipeline", viewData); }
>
> mypage.jx includes a reference to ${ID}.
>
> HTH.
>
> Bye, Helma

believed to be clean.