cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: WIKI - strange link formats?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:17:08 GMT
>> I think it best to leave the page
>> "as is" and just changes the links with the format
>> that Mark has suggested.

>Don't understand your reasoning here.

The "reasoning" is that its best not to create new pages
to "replace" old ones unless its absolutely essential;
we now have a method for linking to pages that have
that particular formatting so there is no need to do so in
these cases.

I would suggest, however, that, future pages can only
be created using NormalCamelCase; ie no spaces or
underscores or other special characters... this will simplify
things for linking in general.

Derek

>>> joerg.heinicke@gmx.de 2004/07/09 07:11:27 PM >>>
On 09.07.2004 13:31, Derek Hohls wrote:

> I am working on the assumption that the content
> *has* been moved already

It has finally moved from wiki.cocoondev.org to wiki.apache.org.

> - and that any name
> changes that should have taken place will have
> occurred already...

Yes, and for those types of links unfortunately in a bad way.

> I think it best to leave the page
> "as is" and just changes the links with the format
> that Mark has suggested.

Don't understand your reasoning here.

> OTOH, if those who moved the wiki in the first place
> want to do a "mass update" on all these types of pages
> and then inform us, we can *then* update links...

I guess nobody will do yet another mass update. The rest can be done by

hand - and IMO without any problems.

Joerg

believed to be clean.