cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Styling fi:field widgets for times
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:42:44 GMT
Given an attribute in my xml file representing a time, defined by the
following Comapct RNG grammar fragment:

short-time = xsd:string{ pattern = "[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}" }

I have tried to define the form to cope with this, not very
successfully so far:

     <fd:field id="start-time">
        <fd:label>Start time</fd:label>
            <fd:datatype base="date">
	    <fd:convertor datatype="date" variant="time" type="formatting"/>
	 </fd:datatype>
     </fd:field>

With a binding of:

     <fb:value id="start-time"  path="@time" >
	<fd:convertor datatype="date" variant="time" type="formatting"/>
     </fb:value>

The processing chain is picking up the date dataype somewhere, and
adding an <fi:styling type="date"/> (I think) element.
Can someone tell me where this is done?

The calendar sample stylesheet is then putting in a date-picker popup,
which in this case is far from appropriate.
As far as I can see, there is no fi:styling option corresponding to
datatype="date" variant="time" (please tell me I'm wrong!).

I guess I can add fi:styling elements to my template, to override this
behaviour. Simply adding a class and tailoring the CSS file should be
sufficient for presentation.
I'm not sure how to go about validation though.

Is the full syntax of fi:styling documented somewhere? I can find
limited documentation at:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/xslt.html#fi%3Astyling+options

but it is far from exhaustive. I think perhaps it depends entirely on
the stylesheets used to interpret it?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire