cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Flowscript, CForms and one writer, many readers
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 07:24:18 GMT
I have a simple diary application.
At present, it reads the events data from an XML file.
Using CForms and the XML file binding, anyone can update the events
data.

Of course, this suffers from the usual problems if two people try to
update the data at the same time.

So I think I need to use a database and transactions to solve this.

Reading around, it seems binding to a bean using JDO is a decent way
to go.
I can't find a tutorial on JDO, so I've been looking at the JDO Cforms
example and the JDO javadocs from SUN's site.

As far as I can tell, I need a single application-wide
PersistenceManager.

But I can't find a way to store such a singleton object in
flowscript. There is a request object, a saession object, but no
application object (like ASP has).
What's the way to do this in flowscript?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire