cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Flowscript errors when invoking the debugger
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:58:35 GMT

    Colin> I have just discovered the flowscript debugger - so I
    Colin> decided to see for myself what was happening.

    Colin> However, when I try this, I press "Step out" from the first
    Colin> function. I get:

    Colin> "resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js",
    Colin> line 50: uncaught JavaScript exception: at handleForm
    Colin> (resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js,
    Colin> Line 249) at Form
    Colin> (resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js,
    Colin> Line 50): java.lang.NullPointerException

    Colin> org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException:
    Colin> "resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js",
    Colin> line 50: uncaught JavaScript exception: at handleForm
    Colin> (resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js,
    Colin> Line 249) at Form
    Colin> (resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js,
    Colin> Line 50): java.lang.NullPointerException

    Colin> cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

This happens becayse Form.js contains many clasuses of the form:

try {
<do something
} finally {

}

without an intervening catch - adding a line

} catch (e) {

before all the finally's cures this (but then I get another error).
Still, I managed to debug my problem using cocoon.log.debug calls.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire