cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@jouve.fr>
Subject Re: How can I extract values from XML within an Action?
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:11:18 GMT
Hi Jeff,

The source resolving mechanism is for you :).

SourceResolver resolver = null;
Source source = null;

try {
	resolver = (SourceResolver) manager.lookup(SourceResolver.ROLE);
	processor =
		(XPathProcessor) manager.lookup(XPathProcessor.ROLE);

	source = resolver.resolveURI("cocoon://blah");
	// or source = resolver.resolveURI("http://blah");

	// then do what you want from your source : get the file, the
	//input stream, and so on...
} catch (ComponentException e) {
	getLogger().error("Could not lookup for component : ", e);
	throw new CascadingRuntimeException(e.getMessage(), e);
} finally {
	if (resolver != null) {
		if (source != null)
			resolver.release(source);
		manager.release(resolver);
	}
}

Your Action must be Serviceable (ie must extend ServiceableAction) to
get access to the cocoon component manager.

--
Olivier Billard