cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jones" <JAjo...@weather.com>
Subject How can I extract values from XML within an Action?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:45:59 GMT

I'm getting lost in Cocoon docs and could use a pointer or two. Could anyone
help me out?

I'm writing an Action to perform the following steps:

   Pull a couple query parameter values from the request URI
   Perform some simple Java manipulation on them
   Use the manipulated values to request an XML document, either externally
(http://) or internally (cocoon://)
   Extract several values from the resulting XML document and insert them into
the action result map
   Return the map to the pipeline

The only thing I don't see how to do is extract data from the XML document; or,
to put it another way, I don't see how to use an XML document as the source of
data for an Action. I realize I'm probably missing something simple, but I'm
kind of stuck on this point... or maybe I should be using something other than
an Action to begin with. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Jeff Jones
The Weather Channel Interactive