cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leona Slepetis <LSlepe...@alliancetech.com>
Subject Re: error with Window.open() in Cocoon
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:51:26 GMT

Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote on 07/01/2004 07:36:09 PM:

> On 01.07.2004 21:59, Leona Slepetis wrote:
>

> > So, in my sitemap, I have:
>  > <map:match type="regexp" pattern="files/daily_20040718.pdf">
>  >   <map:read mime-type="application/pdf"
>  >             src="file://Z:/daily_20040718.pdf"/>
> > </map:match>
> >
> > which causes the IE "Internet Explorer cannot download..." error. If
> > I change the mime-type to "image/gif" and use a .gif file, all is
> > well. I looked at the logs and see no errors, so I am wondering if it
> > has something to do with the reader for PDF, or perhaps the Cocoon
> > configuation. This code worked in Cocoon2.0.
>
> Shall it be the old PDF bug with relation to missing content-length
> header in IE??
>
> Joerg

I think you're right. I did a lot of research and came up with this
solution:

mywin = window.open("http://alliancetech.com/some_gif.gif", title, args);
mywin.location = ("http://alliancetech.com/files/daily_20040718.pdf");

The window is opened with a gif or something like a "Please wait..." page,
then the location call gets the pdf I'm really interested in. I still get
to take advantage of Cocoon for resolving my urls, but it adds an extra
step which, in my case, is not a serious problem. I still would like to
hear if anyone else has solved this, but I can live with the workaround for
now.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Leona