cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Load Cocoon servers
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:39:04 GMT
Is there a website where I can find statistics on the number of servers
you need to run a Cocoon application.
Or somebody who is willing to share his/her information about their
stress tests ?

I'm making a bid for a webapp.  Completely Cocoon based.
There's a big postgresql database behind it, but the database will only
be queried from time to time.
Most of the work is done by generating XML out-of that database and
storing it into Cocoon's folders.
Most files will be around 1000 lines of xml, with about 30 attributes
in each line, so let's say 30k per file.
Every screen based on a single file like that, should be generated in
1-3 seconds max.

App is completely running on Slackware, with "personal" configuration,
that is, no gui, no overhead, just the basics.
Server will be a Compaq DL 380, 1 mb (or 2 when needed) ram, full scsi3
in raid 5, 3x 320u 72.8 HD.

The only thing I need to know now or estimate, is how many simultanious
users this thing can pull.
Is there a way to quickly calculate this ?
Or does somebody have a similar setup and willing to tell me what
beauties he/she has in the server room ?

Yves