cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "George Singer" <gsin...@lincoln.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Problem using an External Javascript file (My FIRST question ... so I hope someone can help !)
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:29:00 GMT
Volkmar

Thanks for the reply. The problem is simple. I have a Javascript file which works if included
in my XSL in full.

However, when I replace it with an external file, containing EXACTLY the same details, Cocoon
cannot find it (despite the inclusion of the reader below).

My question is, how do I make Cocoon use the file add.js ??

> HOWEVER, when I try to put the inline stuff inside an external  file (add.js in this
case), the file is ignored.

What does that mean? Is "add.js" supplied by Cocoon and can you display
it in your browser? *** yes

If not, are you using a reader for supplying "add.js" like

     <map:match pattern="**.js">
         <map:read mime-type="text/javascript src="{1}.js"/>
     </map:match>

**** yes I am

> I've searched around, some people suggest adding a space using:
>
> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="add.js">&#160;</script>

Why?

*** I do not know ? I just tried it as a last resort

> // this function uses the DOM to bring focus to the Shirt_Number textbox:

Why don't you use tabindex attribute?

****  what does it do ?

regard

Georges