cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <anand.vasude...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Set Validation Error
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:13:13 GMT

Sorry, that was a typo.
I do call the method test with  formWidObj.

In the foll method call formWidObj.widName.onActivate =
test(formWidObj);
The method test would be like so: -

test(formWidObj) {
 	return function() {
 		formWidObj.widName.setValidationError("Error")'
 		return false;
 	}
 }

In the foll method call

test(formWidObj) {
 	formWidObj.widName.setValidationError("Error")'
 	return false;
 }

P.S: - I would be setting the validation error for a field widget.

> I want to set a Validation Error for a form widget. I am able to do it
> when I use formWidObj.widName.onActivate = test(formWidObj);
>

> But when I use the following I am unsuccessful in setting the
validation
> error.
>
> if(formObjWid.getSubmitWidget().equals(formObjWid.widName))
> 	test();
>
> Where test() is
> test(formWidObj) {
> 	return function() {
> 		formWidObj.widName.setValidationError("Error")'
> 		return false;
> 	}
> }
> widName is a 'submit' widget.
>
> Is it that validation errors can be set only when we use onActivate.
> Or is it that I am trying to set validation error in a wrong way when
> use getSubmitWidget()?

The method test expects a parameter formWidObj but you call it without a
parameter.

Confidentiality Notice

intended
If