cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Niels van Kampenhout" <n.vankampenh...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: XML schema and XForms
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:16:22 GMT
Hello Nina and others,

> From: Nina Juliadotter [mailto:nvjuliad@it.uts.edu.au]
> Posted At: Thursday, July 01, 2004 3:01 PM
> Subject: RE: XML schema and XForms

> I'm aware of the problems, in terms of transformation, of the
> XML schema structure
> being so unrestricted and up to the developer. I assume you
> are aware of the
> different design styles proposed by Roger Costello on
> http://www.xfront.com/GlobalVersusLocal.html (Russian Doll,
> Salami Slice and
> Venetian Blind)? There is also a fourth style by Eve Maler
> called Garden of Eden,
> which is the "best" style in terms of reuse, followed by
> Venetian Blind. Are you
> using any of those styles or have you defined your own?

We use our own very restricted schema style, which more or less evolved during development
as it suited us most.

> If you would like, it would be very much appreciated if you
> wanted to share some XSL
> with me and/or Cocoon. FYI I'm doing research in this area
> and might be able to
> return the favour in the future ;)

As soon as I find an hour spare time, I will make a small example, complete with sitemap,
flowscript, schema, and XSL transformers, and post it on the CocoonWiki along with a short
explanation.

Niels