cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Niels van Kampenhout" <n.vankampenh...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: XML schema and XForms
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:14:12 GMT
Hello Nina,

Unfortunately I do not know anything about XForms. As far as I know it is not related to CForms.

However at Hippo we have made several websites that make extensive use of CForms, where the
form definitions, templates and binding definitions are being generated on the fly from an
XML schema, using three XSLs. These XSLs expect the schema to have a certain structure, so
the schemas are made with the form, that is being generated from them, in mind. The most difficult
part of writing these XSLs is coping with the fact that schemas have an implicit structure
(with references to elements).

The result of this effort is that adding forms to your websites becomes very easy. In one
case we have our customer deliver a new schema to us, and we can update the form on the website
with virtually no work!

If you are interested I can make these XSLs available as an example, although at this point
I do not consider them to be an example of very clear XSL programming ;)

Niels van Kampenhout
Hippo