cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brent Johnson <bljohn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [esql] xsp:logic doesn't work inside <esql:query>?
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:32:48 GMT
I'm not sure if its allowed or not.  But I generally do my Java logic
prior to the esql tags.  For example.. instead of what you posted I
usually do something like:

<page>
    <xsp:logic>
        String newvar = null;
        if (myvar) {
            newvar = "thisval";
        } else {
            newvar = "thatval";
        }
    </xslp:logic>
    <esql:query>
        insert into mytable (myvar) values
(<esql:parameter><xsp:expr>newvar</xsp:expr></esql:parameter>)
    </esql:query>
</page>

Not sure if this answers your question though.

Hope this helps,

- Brent