cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brent Johnson <bljohn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flow Tutorial and JX Naming Conventions
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:43:03 GMT
> I don't think it matters as long as you're consistent.  Remember, the
> sendPageAndWait() call triggers a *pipeline* request, not a file
> request.  I could be wrong, but the sitemap in the tutorial might be
> setup to generate on *.jx:
>
> <map:match pattern="*.jx">
>   <map:generate type="jxtemplate" src="docs/{1}.jxt"/>
>   <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>

Sorry - I meant to say pipeline request... I should know better (being
doing Cocoon development on and off for a couple production and dev
sites since the 1.x days).

Anyways.. yes there is a pattern match on *.jx but it refers to
documents/*.jx.  Here it is from the document:

    <map:match pattern="*.jx">
      <map:generate type="jx" src="documents/{1}.jx"/>
      <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
    </map:match>

> The URLs are decoupled, albeit in a sort of goofy way.  If that's not
> how it's setup, then it is a typo... feel free to submit a patch :)

Sure - I'll look around on the website and see what I need to do to
submit a patch.

> > Also - anyone have any idea if Flowscript would be useful at all for
> > SOAP requests?  Since an actual browser isnt being used to access the
> > pipeline I wonder if its even worth it.  Anyone implemented(ing)
> > Cocoon to process SOAP requests using control flow?
>
> Not that I know of.

Well.. guess I'll just be the first to try (as far as I know) !  If I
could use flow to process these incoming SOAP requests that would be
very helpful (I wont have to implement it myself).  The continuations
between requests is a pretty amazing feature.

Thanks,

- Brent