cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robby.pelss...@vodafone.com
Subject RE: Problem with requestparameters
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:19:05 GMT
Or better,

anyone an idea why this doesn't work??

        public String getRequestElementValue() {
            return
                this.field.hasValue()
                ? "&" + this.parametername + "=" +
URLEncoder.encode(this.field.getValue(), "UTF-8")
                : "";
        }

while somewhere else in my same .xsp file
 <Message>encoded value of SelectStatus:
<xsp:expr>URLEncoder.encode(selectStatus.getValue(),
"UTF-8")</xsp:expr></Message>
does work

-----Original Message-----
From: robby.pelssers@vodafone.com [mailto:robby.pelssers@vodafone.com]
Sent: 12 July, 2004 15:11
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Problem with requestparameters

Hi,

i'm having some difficulties with requestparamaters

I have a dropdownbox (statusFilter) of which two values are:
*	PENDING
*	<>CLOSE/COMP%

These are added the following way to the dropdownbox  (in  .XSP file)
*	selectStatus.addOption(new Option("PENDING","PENDING"));
*	selectStatus.addOption(new
Option("&lt;&gt;CLOSE/COMP%","&lt;&gt;CLOSE/COMP%"));

When i press the submit button, the values are translated in the URL to
resp.
*	&statusFilter=PENDING
*	&statusFilter=%3C%3ECLOSE%2FCOMP%25

What I want is to dynamically build a hyperlink which calls this page with
the statusFilter parameter. Something like
http://adresofsite/page.html?myparam1=blabla&statusFilter=.....

If i would fill up the dots with  "&lt;&gt;CLOSE/COMP%", that doesn't work
because the targetvalue is not recognized and selected this way... because
the URL now says
*
http://adresofsite/page.html?myparam1=blabla&statusFilter=<>CLOSE/COMP%

Any ideas ??