cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Session timeouts
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:28:35 GMT
That is a funny way to put it. Cocoon doesn't provide anything regarding
session listeners nor does it prevent you from doing so. In fact, it
is  extremely easy.  I created a single "SessionData" class that is nothing
more than a container for all my other session-based objects. This class
registers itself as an HttpSessionListener.  When a timeout occurs it calls
methods in the objects registered with it so that they can clean
up.  Cocoon doesn't require any cleaning up so it isn't a problem.

You said below, "I would have expected coccon to make use of the
sessionDestroyed method on this object". What object are you referring
to?  AFAIK, all Cocoon requires is that it's Session-based objects be
deleted at Session termination - which the container takes care of
automatically.

Ralph