cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Chávez <ccha...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [cforms] Form-level custom validator
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 00:08:59 GMT

Alex Romayev Escribio :-)
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create a validator for my login form.  It
> needs to check that email/password combination is
> valid and if not, display "Invalid email/password
> combination" message.
>
> Question.  Since the message applies to two widgets, I
> assume I would need to create a custom validator and
> add it to form itself.  However, Form widget does not
> implement ValidationErrorAware, so I would assume, I
> would not be able to set a message on the form itself.
>  Is this correct?  Is there a way of achieving what I
> need?

  Hi Alex,
  I have something similar.

  I have three widget:
     1. current_passwd (Current Password)
     2. new_passwd (New Password)
     3. repeat_passwd (Retype new Password)

  Then, if the current password is not equal to the password in the database
  then a set the validation error for the widget current_passwd.
  if the new password are not equal to the retype password then
  i set the validation error for the widget repeat_passwd.

  that is the option what a see.

  I hope help you.

  Cheers
  Carlos Chávez.