cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Scott Yeadon <scott.yea...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: [CForm] how to setValue for a field of selection list?
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:40:43 GMT
Christina,

I suspect the problem could be that you need to force a redisplay of the
page for the value to be shown - in all the instances I set selection
list values, the form always gets re-displayed. Depending on your
application you could do this via an action or specifying
submit-on-change="true" in the form template. There may be some other
mechanism (such as calling showFom again), or some other reason for the
problem, but I've only just started using cocoon so who knows!

Anyway, the flowscript I use to set the initial value is as follows:

var form new Form(FormDefinitionURI);
var widget = form.lookupWidget("mySelectionListFieldWidget");
widget.setValue("InitialSelectedValue");
form.showForm("my-display-pipeline");

which seems to be what you're using, so I suspect not redisplaying your
page after a subsequent setValue is the problem.

Scott.