cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Scott Yeadon <scott.yea...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: forms documentation
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:43:37 GMT
Hi Phil,

Java API at:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/

Other than that only the cocoon site and wiki (which varies in
usefulness from in-depth reference to "coming soon"), which I find
pretty scattered and of narrow scope. There was a Cocoon Developer's
Handbook (Moczar & Aston, published by Sams as part of the Developer's
Library) - it's out of date (pre-CForms), but still OK from a conceptual
perspective. It also approaches learning cocoon from a project
perspective (i.e. here's a project, how do we use cocoon to build it) so
is far better organised than what's available on-line or other
publications I've seen. It won't explain class dependencies or all
aspects of how the cocoon framework hangs together.

Also I found CForms still very limited when it comes to complex and more
dynamic forms and not all interface components and events are
implemented, so you may find yourself jumping hoops to do some things
you would have hoped were simpler! We're looking at avoiding JavaScript
altogether with very limited flowscript so can't help you on that score.

Scott.